



how we met...
We met my last year in college through my cousin. She was dating one of his friends and asked me to come out with her to meet this guy she was seeing. So despite wanting to stay home that night, I dragged my butt to her house and off we went to meet up with her new guy and a few of his friends. Little did I know that I would be meeting my future husband there. I knew from the moment he smiled at me, that this guy was someone special (okay so I thought he was gorgeous and sexy). He looked so handsome and his smile (not to sound corny) seriously lit up the room. After he introduced himself and told me what he did for a living, he proceeded to ignore me for the rest of the night. Oh and this was after I stole his cigarettes because I hate people smoking around me. Besides being bad for everyone’s health, I REALLY hate my clothes smelling like smoke. Anyways, I thought nothing of him not talking to me and spent most of the night talking to one of the other guys. Honestly the guy was boring but I couldn’t leave without being rude. Well when everyone was getting ready to leave and I saw my chance to escape, Joey came out of nowhere and stopped me from leaving. At the time I thought his stuttering while asking me for my number was a form of shyness (yes, I was very conceited… I thought I made guys nervous b/c I was so cute or something… ) BUT I learned a few short weeks later that his stuttering was soju induced… sigh… major blow to the ego… anyways, I gave him my number with the promise from him that he’d call and although he didn’t call the next day, he did text me. We got together whenever we could and he was the one who I was talking to when I got accepted into grad school. He helped me celebrate and then in the following years helped me with my research, was my test subject for experiments, proofread my papers, and helped me mark and correct my students’ numerous assignments (I worked at a pre-school during grad school until I got an internship at my current job location). I know that I wouldn’t have been able to survive the past years without him (let alone feed my addiction to shoes, bags, and clothes). I know that I’m very lucky to be marrying him and it seems like January will never get here…
No comments:
Post a Comment