Pages

May 6, 2011

ramblings for May

preview of zoo trip... Evita, Eva, Me, and J. Eva and her family met us at the zoo for a little bit. the two hit it off. ;)


I still need to post about our trip to SD zoo from a few weekends ago but I wanted to share some pictures that I have handy first. I still need to resize the pictures from that weekend so I am being slow to post. Anyways, J got me flowers today as an early Mama's day gift! :) such a cutie! I told the hubs that only J got them for me and he didn't so he still needs to get flowers or something on sunday. hehehehehehe I'm mean. They got me an awesome gift already though. a new laptop! woohoo!!! I needed a new one and I am LOVING this one!!! so much lighter, nicer, and FASTER than my old one that is now 5+ years old. I couldn't decide between a laptop, clothes (that i won't be able to wear for MANY more months to come), shoes, or jewelry. I asked for something pretty and shiny for my push present with baby 2 so the hubs chose to look for a laptop. Plus he tends to hog the computer at night after J goes to bed so I'm stuck browsing on my tiny phone. J doesn't like us using the computer because he wants to bang on the keyboard and move the mouse. This gets old FAST.

BEDTIME ROUTINE
okay, so J has been going to bed around 8:40ish lately after his bath and it usually takes about 30 minutes for him to fall into deep sleep. It is around 9:15 that I get to quietly make my escape from his bed. The little guy always has to have a dialogue with me before bed.
J: umma (mommy)
me: yes?
J: nigh nigh!
me: nigh nigh Jacob
J: umma
(no response)
J: UMMA!!!
me: (tired) yes?
J: hi!!!
me: no, it's time to sleep, nigh nigh!
J: (thinking it over) nigh nigh!
2 seconds later...
J: appa?? (daddy)
me: appa's not here. lay down and close your eyes or mommy's going to go byebye and you will have to sleep by yourself
J: (thinking it over) nigh nigh!
me: nigh nigh jacob. I love you

AND repeat over and over until he falls asleep.

i've been getting him to say hi and nigh nigh (night night) to the baby. he rubs my belly while saying hi or nigh nigh and it is so cute! He likes to lift up my shirt and poke my belly button, which hurts like a **** but it's okay. I think he is a bit confused though. I point to babies on tv or when we're out and about and he sees that they are little humans but then I tell him there is a baby in my tummy and all he can see is a fat mommy. I'd be confused too if I was him. oh well, he will see first hand what his baby sister looks like in a few more months. :) I've narrowed down the baby name to two names that I really like. I guess we will see which fits her best when she shows up this summer.

PICTURESin the car after the zoo
playing with the hose at grandma's
all wet!
so much fun!
flowers on my nightstand courtesy of J.

No comments: